Monday, March 3, 2008

Part III of "I'll make a pizza on anything" - Tortilla pizza

Tortilla Pizza aka so you're short on time and quality ingredients.


I would like to preface this by saying that sometimes you go into a thing with such low expectations that you come out with a bar of gold; this is one of those occasions.

My good lord this was a good pizza - albeit not a very filling one. I started with some of my classic homemade sauce (recipe to divulged in future blogs), and then topped it with some mozzarella, pepperoni, onion, and some freshly browned sausage (when using sausage, try to take the time to use raw, and then lightly brown it up before topping your pizza, don't drain it too much unless you're counting calories, the grease is the flavor!!).

I then preheated the oven to 400 F, and placed this puppy on the preheated stone, and proceeded to cook it for 6-minutes. After it was done I allowed it a minimal amount of time to cool and didn't even bother cutting it, I just folded it like a taco, and went to town.

Maybe next time I will be tackling the wonderful world of French Bread Pizzas!!!
What do you make your "pizza in a hurry" with?

1 comment:

Graham Fam said...

Have you opened your own pizza place yet? You are too creative. When are you going to email me back. I saw your mom and sis. So much fun.